BB PRO Shaun Clarida

• Keskustelun aloittaja Keskustelun aloittaja Munakas
  • Aloitettu Aloitettu
10% ALENNUS KOODILLA PAKKOTOISTO

Yllättävä veto 😳 Clarida osallistuu avoimeen luokkaan kokeeksi tulevassa kilpailussa.
Screenshot_20211019_181913_com.instagram.android.jpg

Voiko Shaun näin ollen osallistua ensi vuona Olympiassa molempiin sarjoihin, avoimeen ja 212? :unsure:
Ei pysty. Olympiassa ehto/sääntö, joka määrittää, että kilpailija voi osallistua ainoastaan yhden lajin/kategorian kilpailuun.
Ainoastaan Masters lajeihin pystyi osallistumaan, mutta niitä ei ole enää Mr. Olympiassa.

"You know life is too short. I always believe in taking big risks. This past year I took a big risk. I did something that many people thought I couldn't do. Par too me was nervous going in to the open class this year at the Legion Pro. For me, its always about being confident in what I am and what I bring to this stage."

LIFE IS TOO SHORT.

"No matter how much success I have had in the sport, I always see myself as the under dog. I am always chasing. I am always hungry. I am always looking for more and always looking to be better. For me, getting in the gym, getting under weight, seeing my body improve... that is what. That is what keeps me going. No complacency here!"

Giant Killer Shaun Clarida takes us through a Back and Bicep workout in his Grow Season just short of a year out from the 2022 Mr Olympia Competition.

Should Shaun stay in the 212 or take a crack at the Open Division?

Shaun Clarida hits an intense quad focused Leg Day in his Grow Season.

Secondary Grow Season leg day for "Giant Killer" Shaun Clarida focused primarily on the Glutes and Hamstrings.

Push Day Pt. 1 for the Giant Killer about 10 months out from the 2022 Mr. Olympia.

First posing seminar was a great success! New to the sport or champions on stage, people came out to learn from the best how to pose and present their best selves on stage. Thank you to everybody who came out, and be on the lookout for more down the line!

Killer arm day showing some skin, one of the last times before the 2022 Mr. Olympia!

Big Pull Day hitting some back and biceps with the Giant Killer.

Breaking in the new Arsenal Strength pendulum squat at the home of the Giant Killer Signature Fitness.

Getting a nice chest pump on the secondary chest day of the week.

Part 2 to the Giant Killer Push day focused on building big round delts.

Full back & biceps workout about 6 months out from the 2022 Mr. Olympia.

Primary leg day crushing PB's 6 months out from the 2022 Olympia.

20 Weeks out from the 2022 Mr Olympia, Prep has officially begun! Back and Bicep Workout.

Shaun Clarida links up with Ashkan Aghili during the Better Bodies 40th Anniversary week to train legs. The workout was lead by Shaun with a rejuvenated focus on regaining his Olympia title after losing it to an improved Derek Lunsford. Ashkan has trained with a very wide array of iron addicts but wanted to check off a leg day with the Giant Killer. "When you ask the devil to dance, you better not quit." Shaun attributes his focus leading up to the 2020 212 Olympia as his secret weapon to his best physique thus far. 2021 was admittedly way busier and his focus waned. This year he put the blinders back on to be able to take his title back in 2022.

Intense Push Day ft. Brett "The Butcher" Wilkin at Destination Dallas gym while celebrating the Gasp & Better Bodies 40th Anniversary week.

Giant Killer takes Swedish BodyBuilder Ashkan Aghili through a brutal leg workout at Destination Dallas.

Giant Killer Shaun Clarida takes us through a brutal arm workout while showing some skin on the last day at Destination Dallas for the 40th Anniversary of Gasp and Better Bodies!

Back at destination Dallas for the week long celebration for the 40th anniversary of Gasp & Better Bodies. First thing to do when you land is get a meal and GO TRAIN.

Our newest athlete and 212 Mr Olympia champ walks us through what a typical day looks like for him, and it’s all about consistency - pre-planned meals, intensive training, supplement stacking and plenty of sleep!

Each meal is carefully planned and calculated to ensure he’s on track to his goals, and that usually means rice with beef or bison, sweet potatoes, and plenty of ISO SURGE protein shakes (his favourite being the Peanut Butter Chocolate!).😋

💪 He hits up a quick and intense arm workout at Flex Lewis’ Dragon’s Lair gym, warming up with light cable moves before working on his heavier compound lifts. 😤 Shoulders, biceps and triceps take the brunt of the work, but he never forgets to hit those forearms, too! (Don’t miss the part where he nearly maxes out the weight on the cable tricep pushdowns!)

After a quick meal and a nap, he goes in for another workout. 😎🔥 Sounds like the dream bodybuilder life, right?!

Giant Killer hits a massive leg day with the boys 11 weeks out from the 2022 Mr. Olympia.

Giant Killer Shaun Clarida kills a Chest & Shoulder workout 8 weeks out from the 2022 Mr Olympia.

Giant Killer Shaun Clarida takes on a second leg day focused on hamstrings and glutes 7 weeks out from the 2022 Mr. Olympia

I am training like i don't have the title... I don't have the title. I am training like I never had it.

Those of you who follow Shaun know he approaches each training session along with every nuanced detail that yields the slightest percent of improvement towards competitive bodybuilding as if he is STARVING for victory. "Everything that other competitors leave on the table, I take and do."

We caught up with Shaun and training partner Ivan, not during the more popular quad session BUT during his glute and ham and calf training session. "Most guys don't train glutes. I have come to enjoy training glutes and hamstrings this way."

During this training session, Shaun explains why he has a separate day for hamstrings and glutes and why he gives it EQUAL attention to the more popular "show" muscles like the quads.

We all write our own stories... Dont let yours be one of negativity and self doubt.
Shaun Clarida has spent his entire bodybuilding career "doing it."
You can't turn pro- did it
You can't win a pro show- did it
You can't win the 212 Olympia- did it
You can't win an open contest- did it
You can't compete in the open Mr. Olympia- will he?

We ventured out to New Jersey and to Shaun's home gym Signature Fitness. This place is crazy good (stay tuned for plans on the crew coming back for a longer visit). Shaun and his training partner Ivan do their second chest day along with biceps and we capture all his cues, what's going on in his personal life and what to expect for this years much anticipated Olympia weekend.

The Giant Killer is five weeks out from his next Mr Olympia, and this series is gonna show you exactly why he’s won the 212 before and how he plans on winning it again. 😤 We know that competitive bodybuilders are already quite dedicated and disciplined, but Shaun takes it to a whole other level.

In this first episode, he takes us through his usual meal prep, supplement strategy, leg day workout, and his love for his local gym Signature Fitness. We even get a peek at his sneaker collection - which is different from the ones he actually wears! 😂 In order for Shaun to have a good shot at winning, everything needs to be dialed in. The last thing he wants to hear is “Hey, you lost because of the extra 1 gram of rice you had in your meal.” Although that’s quite unlikely to happen, he doesn't take chances. If there’s any room for improvement with his diet, he’s already done it.

The same applies for his training, too. He doesn’t go any lighter on his lifts. He sticks to the same intense training to keep his muscles full and hard right up until show day. To compensate, he just has more carbs on heavy lifting days, like leg days and chest workouts. One takeaway from this episode we really liked was that he starts his leg workout with calves. Normally, you hear “heavy compound lifts first” but there’s a time and place to break the rules. His reasoning? Give more energy to the muscle groups that are lagging behind. Don’t train them when you’re already exhausted.

What did you like most in this episode? Let us know!

After several months as a free agent we can finally reveal my new sponsor! Followed up with a killer back and bicep workout.

The Giant Killer is just under four weeks out from the 2022 Olympia - and he says it’s probably the worst he’s felt in a long time! Who can blame him, though? The diet gets stricter, training feels harder, there’s more cardio, and even nerves can start getting the best of you.

In this clip, Shaun lets us in on his recovery routine so he can keep performing without injury. Without recovery, there’s no growth! He heads over to his sports massage therapist for a deep tissue treatment, which only looks relaxing - the pressure is actually quite deep and somewhat painful, but that’s just how it goes when you’ve got mounds of muscle to work through!

Giant Killer Shaun Clarida takes on a Killer Arm Workout 2 Weeks Out from the 2022 Mr. Olympia!

The Giant Killer is officially 14 days out from the 2022 Olympia! In these final weeks, he plans triple workout days to really focus on defining every single muscle group and work on conditioning. His first workout is early in the AM, starting with cardio - and he goes as hard as possible, just like he would with weight training. For him, nothing gets the sweat going quite like the stairmaster does… we’re sure most gym rats would agree! 🥵

He follows up the cardio with some ab and glute exercises, keeping the reps higher to boost blood flow to those areas.

After his morning workout he heads home for breakfast, and will come back halfway through the day for a weight lifting session. 🏋🏽‍♂️ In the evening, he’ll finish off with another round of cardio - gotta burn those calories to see every striation!! 💪🏽

Giant Killer Shaun Clarida takes on the last heavy leg day of prep just 9 Days Out from the 2022 Mr. Olympia

Giant Killer Shaun Clarida lands in Las Vegas 4 days out from the 2022 Mr Olympia

Shaun Clarida has no plan B. He is winning his title back PERIOD.

Shaun has added at least 10 lbs of muscle pushing him over the 180lb mark before eating up and filling out. Everything is improved and ready to do the thing!

Here he is joined by Matt Jansen and Charles Griffen as they hit their last training session before the Olympia.

Back
Ylös Bottom