Pystyottelu - yleinen keskustelu

10% ALENNUS KOODILLA PAKKOTOISTO
Pitkä hiljaisuus on päättynyt. Itse hedin jo vähän huolestuakin kun tuo PPV ei mennyt ihan putkeen myyntien osalta. Nyt on Gloryssa pistetty toimitusjohtaja vaihtoon ja seuraava tapahtuma on lokakuussa. LiverKick - GLORY Appoints New CEO, Next Show in October

Things have been quiet on the GLORY front, which to many has been a bad sign, but we've been hearing reports from within the company about "big things" happening, including some shifts. The first of those shifts was announced today when GLORY unveiled that Jon J. Franklin has been appointed as the new CEO for the organization, replacing Andrew Whitaker. Whitaker will remain with the organization in an advisory role, working mostly with the television aspect of the brand.

Jon J. Franklin, based out of Denver, has been working with GLORY for a while now with his company, The Sports Entertainment Company. Franklin has also served in senior roles for IMG-Media, was President of Golden Gloves Boxing and worked with AP-X. His extensive history within the realm of boxing can only help GLORY further at this point.

Some might be concerned over the change at this point, especially after a period of relative silence, but this is actually a good thing. This shows that GLORY is thinking to the future and that they are looking to revise their direction for the future. As someone who worked previously within the world of corporate PR and IR, CEO changes are a very common occurrence in many organizations, with the idea being to keep fresh ideas and direction for organizations.

Also, according to an interview given to MMAMania, Franklin stated that they would be returning in October, which aligns with a statement we received from within GLORY about a month ago.

Jamal Ben Saddik puolestaan sai potkut Glorysta potkaistuaan Hesdy Gergesiä Badr Hari -tyyliin maassa. Tämä on erittäin hyvä juttu. Glory on kuitenkin profiloitunut urheilullisena organisaationa eivätkä ottelijat ole lähtenee mihinkään suunsoittoon pelkän shown vuoksi. LiverKick - GLORY Suspends Jamal Ben Saddik

On June 29th in Azerbaijan GLORY fighters Jamal Ben Saddik and Hesdy Gerges clashed in a non-GLORY ring where the outcome saw a frustrated Jamal Ben Saddik take Gerges to the mat and begin viciously attacking him as if it were in MMA rules. Of course, it wasn't, it was kickboxing rules and a "GLORY-ranked" fight. Since the incident occurred we've been hearing that Jamal Ben Saddik would be released by the organization, but there was radio silence on the issue until today.

Today GLORY released a statement announcing that Jamal Ben Saddik has been handed down a six month suspension, during which time his GLORY contract is set to expire and GLORY has opted not to renew that contract. That means that Ben Saddik is effectively out of the organization and out of action for the next few months.

“GLORY will on occasion give permission to fighters to take part in third-party events. But when they do so, they are still bound by GLORY rules and regulations, this is part of the agreement,” said Cor Hemmers, Head of Talent Operations.

“In their contracts with GLORY, fighters agree to abide by the company’s rules and regulations. Failure to do so is a breach of their agreement with the company and leaves the fighter open to disciplinary action.

“Mr. Ben Saddik breached his agreement with GLORY and also conducted himself in a manner liable to bring the sport into disrepute. For this reason a multi-department disciplinary panel was convened, leading to today’s action against Mr. Ben Saddik.”

Tässä ei ole nyt muuten varsinaisesti mitään uutta mutta huomatkaa termi Unified Rules of Kickboxing. Ja vielä isolla kirjoitettuna. Ilmeisesti Glory yrittää tehdä UFC:t ja saada oman sääntösysteeminsä ajettua läpi laajemminkin ammattilaispotkunyrkkeilyssä. Ja tietysti samalla korvattua heille huonosti sopivan termin "K-1 sännöt". Ei olisi tietenkään mikään huono juttu jos kaikki tai useimmat organisaatiot ottelisivat samoilla säännöillä ja Gloryn setti tuntuu varsin toimivalta 3 sekunnin clinchillä jossa saa tehdä useamman polven. Ainakin se on paljon parempi kuin vanhan K-1:n loppuaikojen systeemi jossa ei saanut käytännössä ottaa clinchia ollenkaan.

News - Jamal Ben Saddik issued with disciplinary suspension

Jamal Ben Saddik has today been issued with a six-month suspension for his conduct in a match with Hesdy Gerges on June 29.

The match took place in Azerbaijan during a non-GLORY event. GLORY had given Ben Saddik and Gerges had been given permission to take part in the event outside of their exclusive contracts. Ben Saddik was disqualified twenty seconds into the heavyweight fight after forcing Gerges to the floor then continuing to attack, a serious breach of the Unified Rules of Kickboxing.

Today a GLORY disciplinary panel - consisting of staff from GLORY’s legal, regulatory and talent relations departments - informed Ben Saddik in writing that he is suspended for his conduct.

“GLORY will on occasion give permission to fighters to take part in third-party events. But when they do so, they are still bound by GLORY rules and regulations, this is part of the agreement,” said Cor Hemmers, Head of Talent Operations.

“In their contracts with GLORY, fighters agree to abide by the company’s rules and regulations. Failure to do so is a breach of their agreement with the company and leaves the fighter open to disciplinary action.

“Mr. Ben Saddik breached his agreement with GLORY and also conducted himself in a manner liable to bring the sport into disrepute. For this reason a multi-department disciplinary panel was convened, leading to today’s action against Mr. Ben Saddik.”

Hemmers also noted that Ben Saddik’s contract with GLORY will expire during the suspension term, which will mean he is out of contract when the suspension expires. “It is possible he will be invited to return to the GLORY ranks in the future, but only if the disciplinary committee is confident that June’s behavior will never be repeated.”

Uudet ranking-listat on julkaistu.

Yhteensä rankattiin 123 ottelijaa 28 eri seurasta.

Eniten ykkösrankattuja - 4 - tuli Vantaan Kamppailukeskuksesta. Lappeenrannan Kickboxing Clubin ja Kickboxing Teamin ottelijoita rankattiin ykkösiksi kolme kummastakin seurasta.

Eniten ottelijoita - 16 - edusti Kickboxing Teamia. Vantaan Kamppailukeskusta edusti 13 ottelijaa ja GB Gymiä 9.

Ranking 8/2014

Listalla ovat kaikki kaudella 2013-14 kehäottelumuodoissa otelleet suomalaiset potkunyrkkeilijät. Ottelijan painoluokaksi on tapauskohtaisesti määritetty alin painoluokka, jossa hän on otellut tai se painoluokka, jossa hän on otellut arvokkaimmat kisansa.

Rankkausperusteina ovat keskinäiset ottelut, arvokisat, SM-kisat, alemman tason kansainväliset turnaukset ja kansalliset kisat. Walk Over -tuomioita ei ole huomioitu keskinäisiksi otteluiksi.

Listan laativat Pasi Rantala ja Antti Sariola
Miehet

- 57 kg

1. Mikko Välimäki RJS

2. Tino Saarikangas EKH

3. Eppu Riihelä STR

- 60 kg

1. Korede Lawrence VKK

2. Mikko Blom GB

3. Saku Ronkainen KBT

4. Kalle Suvanto KBT

5. Mika Nieminen STR

- 63,5 kg

1. Pyry Kujala K-K

2. Joona Vauhkonen VKK

3. Henrik Björkvist W3R

4. Henri Kurttila KBT

5. Juha Tuomola KFC

6. Johannes Henrikson TJJS

7. Henri Mäkelä KBT

8. Iiro Nurmi VKK

9. Aleksi Rautiainen RJS

10. Tero Luosujärvi RNC

11. Jussi Maula JKB

- 67 kg

1. Paavo Kuronen JKB

2. Kari Salonen RJS

3. Ville Korhonen K-K

4. Mikko Salonen RJS

5. Juha Pusa TKKS

6. Joel Aronen RNC

7. Sami Viitiö W3R

- 71 kg

1. Lauri Suomela KBT

2. Valtteri Sipola KBT

3. Samuli Kurki EKH

4. Joni Salovaara EKH

5. Konsta Korkiamäki EKH

6. Matti Saikkonen JKB

7. Teemu Paulman TNS

8. Otto Suonpää TJJS

9. Jani Leveälahti PJJS

10. Simon Storlund W3R

11. Ville Kaipomäki NKU

12. Teemu Parviainen KBT

- 75 kg

1. Joel Puranen KBT

2. Jani Lehto LKBC

3. Tomi Kinnunen KBTK

4. Antoni Ahlstedt GB

5. Joonas Tikkanen JKB

6. Anton Riatte RJS

7. Lauri Suominen NKU

8. Teemu Repo FKS

9. Almedin Karalic HJJK

10. Otto Kujala KBTK

11. Ivan Andrianov TJJS

12. Sami Riihelä NKU

13. Janne Salmenharju STR

14. Aleksei Trifonov KBT

- 81 kg

1. Mikko Tirronen LKBC

2. Tommi Savolainen TNS

3. Tuomas Marjava GB

4. Ville Vanhanen GB

5. Antti Saarnio RJS

6. Teppo Lindroos K-K

7. Mikael Kurttila KBT

8. Erkka Aronen EKH

9. Onni Kujala KBTK

10. Niko Myllynen RNC

11. Aleksi Liukkonen KBT

12. Antti Laitinen HJJK

13. Marko Yläpelto NKU

14. Taneli Kananen RNC

15. Lasse Peltokoski W3R

16. Manu Mäntymäki HJJK

- 86 kg

1. Teppo Laine LKBC

2. Tobias Johansson W3R

3. Mangnus Storfors W3R

- 91 kg

1. Antti Sariola KBT

2. Harri Viittala KBT

3. Tommi Puttonen KPC

+ 91 kg

1. Jukka Saarinen JÄKK

2. Pirkka Suksi W3R

3. Eetu Kauppinen LKBC

4. Matias Soini KBM

5. Petri Sillanpää FKS

6. Lassi Pulkkanen TNS

Naiset

- 48 kg

1. Saija Simpanen LKK

2. Susanna Heiskanen GB

- 52 kg

1. Maria Singh VKK

2. Hanne Lauslehto JÄKK

3. Hanna Raatesalmi VKK

4. Anna-Kaisa Hokkanen LKK

5. Hanna-Riikka Hartikainen TJJS

6. Satu Laine SUT

- 56 kg

1. Erika Rinne LKBC

2. Piia Haverinen VKK

3. Jonna Huusko JÄKK

4. Helmiina Hotti MFC

5. Tiina Nordman KLK

- 60 kg

1. Camilla Viksten VKK

2. Jenna Puurunen JÄKK

3. Kaisa Leino TJJS

4. Wilma Railio GB

5. Tina Lähdemäki RNC

6. Lauriina Setälä KBT

7. Sari Ruuska JKB

8. Laura Välimäki RNC

9. Joanna Salonen IHKH

10. Viivi Kuorelahti VKK

- 65 kg

1. Anne Katas VKK

2. Kaisa Musikka VKK

3. Carin Aschan EKH

4. Virve Sinkkonen K-K

5. Annette Backman GB

6. Julia Laapotti TJJS

7. Marika Juvonen VKK

8. Meira Ylitalo KBTK

9. Eija Aho NKU

10. Tuija Havana KBT

11. Sinikka Roikonen SSKF

12. Taija Savolainen JKB

13. Oona Kinnunen KFC

14. Jenna Roivas GB

- 70 kg

1. Verna Mustonen EKH

2. Petra Hämälä KBT

3. Mirjam Hänninen VKK

4. Jenina Ahola VKK

+ 70 kg

1. Sanna Kosola W3R

2. Miia Isola GB

SEURALYHENTEET:

AFC: Akaa Fight Club
BDK: Budokan (Vaasa)
BEK: Bulls Ekenäs (Raasepori)
CAF: Combat Academy of Finland (Helsinki)
CHI: Chitalada (Tampere)
EKH: Espoon Kehähait
FKS: Forssan Karateseura Kan-Zen-Ryu
GB: GB-Gym (Helsinki)
HJJK: Helsingin Ju-Jutsuklubi
IHKH: Itä-Helsingin Kehähukat
JÄKK: Järvenpään Kehäkarhut
JKB: Jigotai Kickboxing (Jyväskylä)
KBM: Korso Boxing&MMA (Vantaa)
KBT: Kickboxing Team (Oulu ja Raahe)
KBTK: KBT Kokkola
KCO: Kotka Combat
KFC: Kuopio Fighter Club
K-K: Kushin-Kan (Hämeenlinna)
KLK: Klaukkalan Kamppailu-urheilijat
KPC: Kerava Power Center
KUR: Kurikan Ryhti
LKBC: Lappeenrannan Kickboxing Club
LKK: Lahden Kamppailulajikeskus
MFC: Mikkelin Full Contact
MMA300: MMA Team 300 (Tampere)
MMAI: MMA Imatra
MMAR: MMA Rovaniemi
NKU: Nokian Kamppailu-urheilijat
OKB: Oulun Kickboxing
PFC: Pori Fight Club
PJJS: Porin Ju-jutsuseura
RJS: RJS Fight Club (Rauma)
RNC: RNC Sport Club (Hyvinkää)
SHDK: Shudokan (Hyvinkää)
SJK: Suonenjoen Karateseura
SSKF: Suomen Shaolin Kung-Fu (Helsinki)
STR: Sport Team Riihimäki
SUT: Sutemi (Mänttä)
TKB: Thai-KickBoxing Club (Kouvola)
TNS: Tuusulan Nyrkkeilyseura
TJJS: Turun Ju-jutsuseura
TKKS: Turun Kontaktikarateseura
VKB: Varkauden Kickboxing
VKK: Vantaan Kamppailukeskus
W3R: Wasa 3 Roots

Davit Kiria kutsuu Petrosyania kehään. Varsin ovela veto. Petrosyanilla on nyt vuoden ottelutauko ja uran ensimmäinen tyrmäystappio alla. Taustalla lienee jotain loukkaantumistakin tai muuten vaan ongelmaa kun tauko on ollut näin pitkä eikä miehestä ole kuulunut oikein mitään. Edellisen käsivammasta johtuneen taukonsa jälkeen Petrosyan otteli aluksi vähän kangerrellen, joten nyt jos koskaan on Kirian tilaisuus voittaa hänet.

News - Kiria wants his first title defense to be Giorgio Petrosyan

Glory lightweight champion Davit Kiria is calling for a rematch with former world No. 1 Giorgio Petrosyan.

Kiria (22-9, 7 KOs), from the former Soviet Republic of Georgia, captured the Glory title by stopping Andy Ristie in the fifth round of their epic encounter in March.

Several fighters have jockeyed for position to be Kiria’s first challenger: Robin van Roosmalen is the top-ranked contender, while Ristie stopped American Ky Hollenbeck in June to return to the win column.

However, Kiria - an Ashihara karate stylist and student of four-time K-1 World Grand Prix winner Semmy Schilt - admits his Glory 3 defeat to Petrosyan (78-2-1, 35 KOs) still weighs on his mind. He also considers Petrosyan, who has not fought since his knockout loss to Ristie in November, the most prestigious option.

“I’ve been waiting a long time for my next fight. I was supposed to fight in July or August, but it was delayed. I heard now it might be October. I know there are some very big events coming in the near future, so I want to be on one of those. I’m looking forward to Glory planning my next fight," Kiria says.

“As to why I’m calling for Petrosyan, I would prefer to fight him, not only because I want a rematch but because he is the three-time world champion and remains the biggest name in the world of lightweight kickboxing,” he added. “I know he lost his last fight, but I don’t think that matters - everybody loses at least once - and besides, Petrosyan has only two losses in his entire career.”

Kiria’s 2012 fight with Petrosyan saw the Georgian put on a spirited performance but struggle to score on the Armenian-Italian, who has been compared to boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. due to the general perfection of his defense.

“What do I think would be the difference if I fight Petrosyan again?” Kiria asked. “The short answer is that I will win. I will stay champion.”

As for Ristie, Kiria claims to be open to a rematch with the Surinam export whenever it comes along.

“We had very good fight plan for Ristie, and it worked very well,” he said. “When I fight Ristie again, we will make another good plan and it will work very well also. I have a strong, smart team and I believe in us.”

Ristie blamed his poor conditioning for allowing Kiria to stage a comeback and win their fight. Kiria begs to differ.

“He’s worked on his conditioning? Good for him, but he can’t do anything to me with this,” he said. “I also work hard and now [that] I have fought against him, I know him better. I didn't win with conditioning. I won with good boxing.”

Glorylla on varsin mukava uusi markkinointistrategia. Eli julkaisevat Youtubessa vanhat tapahtumat ilmaiseksi kisa kerrallaan. Tähän mennessä on julkaistu Gloryt 1 ja 2. Nähtävissä täältä: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKj5FIgxeihLRLDpVqKp_aA

Tässä Tukholmassa pidetystä Glory ykkösestä Nieky Holzken vastaan Ruotsin oma poika Alex Harris, joka lähtee todella rohkeasti haastamaan maailmanstaraa.

Ja lisää Holzkenia Glory kakkosesta.

Viimeksi muokannut ylläpidon jäsen:
Glory 19 oli ihan mukava setti joskaan mitään elämää suurempaa ei nähty ja pääottelu päättyi ikävästi loukkaantumiseen. Tuolla allekirjoittaneen raportti tapahtumasta: FightSport.fi GLORY 19: Holzken palasi voitokkaasti - FightSport.fi

Verhoevenilta oli kyllä aika hyvä veto aloittaa rytinällä. Zimmermanhan romahti samaan taktiikkaan Ghitan kanssa ja kaikki tietysti odottivat näppärää pisteottelua jota Verhoeven vielä itsekin lupasi ennakkohaastattelussa ja että sitten myöhemmissä erissä lisättäisiin vauhtia. Olkoonkin että Verhoeven otti pari kovaa koppia yrittäessään takoa Curacaon miestä ulos. Ikävä lopetus mutta ihan hyvä paluu pian Kunlun Fightin kompuroinnin jälkeen. Saas nähdä millaisen pilkkavyöryn Daniel Ghita tästä nyt sitten keksii.

Holzken otti juuri oikein Danielsin kanssa eli tila pois heinäsirkalta niin ettei se pääse hyppimään pöydille. Danielsilta ei ollut varsinaisesti neronleimaus jäädä aina kulmaan jouduttuaan seisomaan paikalleen kilpparissa. Alapotkuja Holzken olisi tosin saanut viljellä enemmän mutta kävihän se näinkin. Jenkkituomarin luvunlasku Holzkenille takapotkusta oli jotain ihan käsittämätöntä.

Thomas taisteli tosi urhoollisesti ja selvisi onneksi täyden ajan Schillingiä vastaan vaikka kävi pahasti luvulla. Oliko Schillingillä ongelmia kaasutankin kanssa?

Tuolla vielä kaikki tulokset: LiverKick - GLORY 19 Live Results

Holzken VS Daniels matsi näyttä joltain nyrkkeilijä VS potkunyrkkeilijä matsilta. Holzzi ajoi Danielsin kulmiin ja veteli turpiin sen verta tehokkaasti, olihan siellä pari potkua ja polvea välissä mutta uskon että olisi vienyt matsin vaikka olisi saanut vain nyrkkeillä.

Päämatsi vaikka loppuikin tylsästi loukkaantumiseen niin näytti menevän selkeästi Verholle jokatapauksessa, vaikka onhan tolla Zimmerillä tyrmäysmahikset, sen verta kovaa kippaa.

Tulipa itsekin katseltua tämä, ensimmäinen kickboxing tapahtuma minulle ja täytyy sanoa että tykkäsin kovasti, tulen seuraamaan jatkossakin.

Oliko Schillingillä ongelmia kaasutankin kanssa?

Hyvin mahdollista, kertoihan hän Joe Roganin podcastissa polttelevansa aika paljon tupakkaa, turnauksissakin matsien välillä jopa.

Glory alkaa saamaan pakkaa kasaan. Tämä G19 oli aivan erinomainen iltama.
Raymond Daniels ei saa tuota tyyliään sopimaan suljettuun kehään sitten millään.

Back
Ylös Bottom